Filter by ski width
Width of Skis
The width of alpine ski under binding (usually the narrowest point) determines the behaviour of your skis on the slopes. In powder, it shows how much you will "float or dive" when riding.Narrower waist widths are quicker edge to edge during turns.
Racing skis, commercial models of slalom and giant slalom skis usually have a waist width up to 70 mm.
You can choose in the filter Ski Waist Width:
- 64- 75 mm - 100 % On-Piste
- Skis are suitable for the competitive skiing. In open terrain narrow skis bury into the snow and are uncomfortable.
- 75 - 85 mm - 75 % On-Piste / 25 % Off-Piste
- Skis are a little slower in edge-to-edge transfer on the slope, but you can also ride off-piste with these.
- 85 - 100 mm - 25 % On-Piste / 75 % Off-Piste
- Skis are more suitable for open terrain. Edge-to-edge transfer is rather slow on these.
- 100 - 135 mm - 100 % Off-Piste
- Skis that float in powder. Not recommended for regular slopes.
Instructions: In listing of Alpine Ski category, there is a filter Ski Waist Width in Advanced Filters.